Friday, October 1, 2010

Jacob

Jacob has been sick with strep throat all week - he's been pretty well bedridden. He's had a high fever (up to 105 a few times) and feeling BAD. The good news is that he's feeling much better and is almost back to himself again!

Yesterday, he was napping with his head on my lap when I had to get up to do something. Here's the conversation:

Me (speaking softly) - Jacob, I need to get up. Do you want some water?
Jacob - Just a minute, I have to finish my dream.
Me - What was your dream about?
Jacob - Daddy and I are fishing. I caught some fish.
Me - How many fish did you catch?
Jacob - Five.
Pause
Pause
Pause
Jacob - No, wait... seven.
Pause
Pause
Pause
Jacob - Now ten.
Pause
Pause
Pause

Later, when I asked him about his dream he looked at me with a surprised look on his face and asked, "How did you know about that?!?"

He'd been asleep the whole time!


1 comment: