Sunday, August 8, 2010

Update on Last Post

Well, I did have fun at AnneMarie's. I did make it through two more airplane flights (although the one coming home was pretty bumpy) and Abby had her tonsil/adenoid surgery yesterday. She took a long time to wake up from anesthesia which worried the nurse. This in turn worried me, of course! But she finally woke up and ate a popsicle and asked for pain medicine. Since then she's been WAY too energetic for someone on pain meds! I thought I'd get at least a few days of calm out of her. She's not wired from the meds, it's just that they work well and she thinks she's fine enough to jump on my bed and run around... Three weeks is going to feel like an eternity. She can't do any running, jumping, SWIMMING, bike riding, playing outside... etc. We'll see how this works out!

On the bright side of this surgery thing - she slept in our room last night (we had to keep her close to check on her breathing because of possible lasting effects from general anesthesia) and there were times she was so quiet I had to touch her chest to make sure she was breathing... NO SNORING!!! Yippee!

No comments: