Sunday, November 23, 2008

Birthdays and Movies

I know I said I'd post pictures and I will... I'm waiting on Mikkel to bring me my camera so I can upload them.

Isabelle turned 16 :( this week, Fred's on the lookout for a good shotgun...

We went to see Twilight at 12:01 Thursday night/Friday morning. We had a great time, we got there at 6:45pm and there were 20 groups of people in front of us... good thing we go there when we did! We sat in line with friends from our ward. We played spoons and Yahtzee for a while then I took Isabelle to get some gelato (for her birthday) and they let us in the theater at 9pm. Our group ended up taking a whole row of seats and we sat there for three hours waiting for the movie to start. It wasn't as bad as it sounds though, I haven't had that much time to talk with my girlfriends (uninterrupted) since I was a teenager!!! At some point in the night, three of Isabelle's friends got up, announced that it was her birthday and would we all sing "Happy Birthday" to her, so she stood up and 417 people (the theater holds 418) sang to her at the top of our lungs. She says she was embarrassed but I know that will be something she remembers for the rest of her life.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie... not just the movie but all the sighs, squeals and comments from the audience members. The fun thing about going to the midnight showing on opening night is that you get all the major fans there and the excitement in the air is palpable, it's absolutely electric! Until this week, I was firmly on team Jacob but the movie has really turned me into an Edward fan.

I just found out that one showing alone made over $35 million (the movie only took $36 million to make!) and opening weekend numbers are around $70 million. They've already announced a sequel is in the works... how many days til it comes out?!?

No comments: