Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sick Again!!

Daniel woke up Thursday morning with a 103 temperature and Abby was coughing a ton still so we spent the morning at the doctors office. Isabelle was still not feeling well after several weeks so I took her in on Friday (it was a day off school - something about the battle of flowers blah, blah, blah... I never really listen when people talk about Fiesta. It just seems like a reason to drink and eat too much. But I digress). So the list of illnesses goes like this - 4 ear infections (A&D), 4 cases of pink eye (A&D), 2 cases of bronchitis (I&D), 2 sinus infections (I&A). Isabelle and Daniel are each on 4 different medications and the Abigail is on 3. Oh, and now Fred has pink eye too, I swear my house is like a petri dish right now! Of course, this means I missed church AGAIN today. At least I made it last week and I'm told I won't be considered inactive until I've been away for 3 months so I have a whole two months to go before then.

Mikkel is set to leave for Mexico a week from tomorrow and he is so happy to get out of the MTC! I'm totally nervous because he has a layover in Mexico City and the swine flu is really bad there right now. He also has a layover in Dallas so I told Fred I thought we should take a road trip to Dallas because I've always wanted to see the airport there. He just shakes his head smiles.

When I was worrying out loud about the swine flu, Fred said "Don't worry, he'll be fine" to which I replied "it's my job to worry, I'm the mom" to which he replied "I know and it's my job as the dad to tell you not to worry" and I said "well, it's not working" then he says "it's my job to tell you not to worry, not to be effective". Well, I guess he has me there!

Abigail was counting the pictures of the kids on the wall and then came to me and asked "Mommy, why do you have too many kids?" How do I answer that one??? (Isabelle was in the background laughing and saying, "I wonder too sometimes!")

2 comments:

AnneMarie said...

I hope everyone gets ALL better soon! (Maybe you should send Mikkel a mask to wear in Mexico City)

Krista said...

It's great to stumble onto your blog. I've done a lousy job keeping up with mine.

Sorry you guys are so sick! How exciting to have a missionary!!! I'd be nervous too sending my child off to Mexico but he WILL be all right. The news today showed them passing out face masks to everyone. I'm sure he'll be getting one.