Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mexico Update

Okay, I finally got my nerve up and called the LDS travel office. They aren't sending anyone to Mexico until at least May 6 (that's only two days later than orginally planned) because some haven't received their visas yet and because they wanted to keep an eye on the flu problem. There's only one mission in Mexico that has halted all activity so all the rest are still working although possibly not at full speed.

I've written Mikkel probably 5 letters this week telling him to get tons of hand sanitizer and surgical masks. He's probably tired of me nagging him long distance, I keep apologizing for it and then reminding him it's my job... I'm the Mom!

Part of my concern is that healthcare down there isn't as good as here and many providers are just turning sick people away so they don't get sick. Isn't it their job to treat the sick??? I hope there are some members who are doctors/nurses down there who'll take good care of him.

I will be happy for him to leave only because that means he can call me from the airport! I'm going to have my cell phone permanently attached to me all day that day. I told him on mother's day he shouldn't worry about the time, just call when he can. Even if we're in the middle of church I'll answer!

1 comment:

Susie Taylor said...

Nanette, you are being one of those Mom's. RELAX!!! Maybe you should get some prozac.