Friday, May 1, 2009

Mexico - Part 3

Here is the latest from Mikkel:

"The Brethren made the decision to halt travel to and from Mexico. They will not even think about reversing this decision until at least the 12th. If they give us the green light then, we'll be out of here between the 14th and 16th I assume. If things really are that bad though they might just keep us here even longer than that. If worst comes to worst, we might get shipped somewhere state side until we can resume travel to Mexico. I'm pretty bummed about it but I have faith that the Lord knew what he was doing when he called me to Veracruz, I'll be okay. I'm not going to tell you to fast for us, but the missionaries coming from and going to Mexico could sure use a miracle.

I bought hand sanitizer that works for 4 hours without re-application. So my hands will be fine. I'm absolutely not buying a surgical mask, sorry, but that will look stupid and there's no proof it keeps out swine flu. You need to not worry, I am a missionary. Do you remember the blessing Presidentg Freckleton gave me before I came out here? He specifically said that I would be surrounded by disease and that I would not be subject to it."

Although I'm glad he's not going to Mexico right now, I am bummed that I most likely won't get a call for Mother's day :( It makes sense, they don't really have the capacity for all 1500+ missionaries to make phone calls in one day but it does make me sad, I've been looking forward to that since March 4th! Now I guess I have to wait all the way until Christmas, man I'm really bummed now.

No comments: