Sunday, August 31, 2008

Songs, School, Swimming

Jacob - singing Alphabet Song... A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, Elmo, R, P...

Abby - singing the same song... Baby, C, D, E, F, G, mumble, mumble, mumble (for the rest of the song.

They start preschool soon; Jacob twice and Abigail once a week. They'll have so much fun, their teacher lives on a farm and has tons of animals. I can't wait because that means one day a week I'll just have Daniel for three whole hours! I wonder if I'll be able to clean the house that day or just spend it all enjoying the (almost) quietness of my home. This lady lives in our ward and is just about the sweetest, kindest person - EVER! She started a two-year-old class this year and I hope she does it again next year because I will for sure be putting Daniel in it!

The first week of school went fine, Mikkel discovered his classes are totally easy and he thinks college is great. I hope he realizes they won't all be so simple. He decided to only take 3 classes (one is a mandatory 1 credit class for all newcomers) so he could work more (and save more) for his mission. It's working, he has 37 hours this week!

We found out that swim practice starts at 6:00 every morning which wouldn't cause a conflict for most kids but Seminary is at the same time. What to do?!? She and the two other LDS kids on the team talked to the coach and worked out a schedule that keeps them practicing with the team but able to attend Seminary most of the time. I was thrilled that the coach was respectful of their desire to pursue both religion and sports. He even seemed impressed with their conviction. Besides, she'll probably end up with better attendance at seminary this year! Last year Mikkel drove and wasn't always ready and willing to get up in time... they had ALOT of make-up work to do!

Fred taught Sunday school today, he's an AWESOME teacher! Unfortunately, he was only substituting for the regular teacher who went to the gulf coast for Labor Day. With hurricane Gustav coming, I think they are probably on their way back home since everyone is being encouraged to evacuate, but I'm glad Fred got to do this anyway. I wish this were his regular calling, I love his Sunday school lessons, but I guess the Elders quorum needs his talent more than I do.

1 comment:

Susie Taylor said...

You actually got to listen in Sunday School? How many more months 'til nursery?